- NorthBay Blogs
Eliza Corporation – AWS Database Migration
Since 1998, Eliza Corporation has developed healthcare consumer engagement solutions to address some of the industry’s greatest challenges – from adherence, to prevention, to condition management, to brand loyalty and retention.
“Pay-for-performance” in healthcare incentivizes payers and providers to keep a population under their care healthier. The Pay-for-performance arrangements provide financial incentives to hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers to carry out such improvements and help achieve optimal outcomes for patients. This is a departure from fee-for-service, where payments are for each service used. Eliza Corporation, focuses on Health Engagement Management, and acts on behalf of healthcare organizations (e.g. hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, insurance companies, etc.) in order to engage people at the right time, with the right message, and in the right channel to capture relevant metrics to analyze the overall value provided by Healthcare.
- Inability to process unstructured data (IVR call data)
- Scalability and cost concerns with on-premises technologies (Exadata)
- Limited skills/options for HIPAA compliance
Solution Delivered to Meet Challenges
- Improve Redshift performance by using best practices and refactoring slow running Redshift queries, dated schema and expensive key value structures to hold data with larger volumes
- Recommended and implemented Data Lake solution on S3 using Hive/Presto for analysis for unstructured data processing
AWS Services Used
- AWS Redshift
- AWS RDS
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Kinesis Stream
- AWS Kinesis Analytics
- AWS S3
- AWS Glacier
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Data pipeline
- AWS EMR
- AWS IAM
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Cloudwatch
- AWS CloudTrail
Database Workload Migration Details
- 10-12 top tables were optimized and used in top running reports.
- Sources and Targets included:
- Oracle -> Redshift
- Redshift -> S3
- Billion Records (Interactions) per year volume
Migration Patterns Used
This was not a migration, it was greenfield approach to extract required information for datalake. Target was Redshift.
Migration Tools Used
No tool was used.
Third-Party Tools Used
About NorthBay – We are a fast-growing, 100% AWS focused onshore/offshore AWS Premier Consulting Partner, supporting our customers to accelerate the reinvention of their applications and data for a Cloud-native world. Our >350 AWS Certified Employees excel in developing and deploying Database & Application Migrations, Data Lakes and Analytics, Machine Learning/AI, DevOps and Application and Data Modernization/Development that drive measurable business impact.