Experience: 5 to 10+ years
NorthBay Solutions is one of a handful of “AWS Premier Partners”, and only one in Pakistan. We are looking for Technical Lead & Solution Architect for “VMWare on AWS”. Candidates should have deep VMWare knowledge and a desire to learn about AWS Cloud.
Candidates should have 15 + years of experience working with VMware virtualization Technologies, Servers, Storage, Networks and security architectures. Candidates must hold detailed technical knowledge of Software Defined Data-Center (SDDC) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) Solutions. Experience of working with the technologies / IaaS solutions offered by leading Public Cloud Provider (AWS) would be a definite advantage. Candidates must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration. Candidates must also have a deep understanding of VMware stack / solution components, backup strategies, high availability, migration and recovery techniques including Disaster Recovery Planning based upon the RTO / RPO requirements of the business.
As a trusted customer advisor candidate needs to understand best practices around advanced AWS and VMware solutions and propose the required solutions accordingly. The candidate would build and architect solutions for a broad range of customer use cases such as hybrid architectures, migration and application modernization initiatives. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical for this role.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality with proven track record of selling technical solutions and services as part of a solution.
- Proven success and knowledge in developing and leading Service Provider Partners/Customers.
- The Individual should have relevant and current VMware experience with vCloud Director and VMC on AWS as well as a strong understanding of IT
automation, management, orchestration, and cloud management platform capabilities driving IaaS, SaaS and PaaS. Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud and Azure experience is also preferred.
- 5 – 8+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure.
- Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required along with excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups ranging from key decision makers up to the CxO levels. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience.
- VCP Certification or higher; Having other certifications like, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIE, CCIE, CISSP or certification in one or more of the public cloud services including AWS, also preferred.
- Ability to travel to North America and/or Hong Kong, once travel starts again.
- Preference will be given to candidates willing to relocate (immigrate) to Halifax, Canada.
- Experience working in a channel role or with partners in a sales or technical sales role.
- Experience with leading technical validation of hybrid and multi-cloud solutions.
- Hands on experience with VMware Cloud Foundation including vSphere, or competitive technologies.
- Experience with Services delivery models and selling motions, particularly within a VMware and AWS.
- Prior pre-sales or customer facing experience.
- Preferred to have VCP Certification or higher; VPC in VMware Certification or Higher
- Present NorthBay’s VMware vision, strategy and services roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for use of VMware products.
- Drive the adoption and services of VMware products and Cloud Solutions within strategic Service Provider accounts.
- Provide expert technical and business pre-sales support for strategic opportunities involving VMware Cloud Services including but not limited to VMC on AWS, Hybrid Cloud Extension and VeloCloud. Assist in technically managing initial proof-of-concepts
- Evangelize the value of NorthBay’s VMware Cloud Service and build an internal Cloud solution based on VMware Cloud Service offerings.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and services and how to position against them
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Practice Leader, Product Management, Technical and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NorthBay’s Solutions.
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware and AWS Field Sales Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware Services and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to NorthBay’s solutions in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references with the technical teams in developing and deploying NorthBay’s VMware Cloud solutions
- Work with VMW and assigned region partners at AWS in driving Webinars conveying the MSP Multi-Cloud Solutions product portfolio latest product developments to increase solution awareness driving new opportunities
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fuel expense reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Medical outpatient reimbursement & health insurance facility
- Opportunities to make a difference in a highly productive environment
Please read through the job description carefully and apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org