- NorthBay Blogs
Evisions – AWS Database Migration
Evisions, based in Irvine, California, provides software and data analysis solutions designed to help organizations work better by more easily accessing their data. The company has more than 900 clients worldwide in industries including higher education, utilities, and government.
Evisions helps higher education organizations work better. They provide software to eases administrative load—so organizations can get back to the process of learning and discovery. Built and optimized for administrators, their solutions help administrators to stay on top of many tasks and responsibilities, reduce hassle and waste, and work more efficiently.
- User experience for the customers using the tools
- Modernize applications technologies that integrate with the on-premises
- Agility and time to market for data products (like voice enabled BI etc.)
Solution Delivered to Meet Challenges
- We proposed Multi-tenant shared infrastructure application which ensures data isolation on multiple levels.
- We provided single sign-on functionality by integrating SAML based identity providers with AWS Cognito. Additionally, each user has a specific role along with certain permissions.
- Provided solution connects with each tenant/organization on-prem network using VPN connectivity through AWS Transit Gateway. Added security was provided by encrypting the traffic between application VPC and on-prem network.
- Using AWS Glue JDBC connector application connects with tenant’s on-prem Oracle and MSSQL database along with Rest API. It fetches the data and saves it on S3 in parquet format for further usage. AWS Glue was also used to process data from CSV which is uploaded by the end-user.
- Our solution encompass a UI tool that enables non-technical users to join multiple datasets into a new one using columns. Users can also apply filter, sorting, or grouping on the resulting dataset. Additionally the user can preview the resultset before saving it.
Evisions Cadmus-UI Architecture
Evisions Doris-UI Architecture
AWS Services Used
- AWS Glue
- AWS Athena
- AWS Lambda
- AWS RDS (PostgreSQL)
- AWS CodePipeline
- AWS CodeBuild
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS Service Catalog
- AWS S3
- AWS SSM
- AWS Cloudwatch
- AWS VPC (subnets)
- AWS Transit Gateway
- AWS Cloudfront
- AWS Cognito
- AWS SNS
Database Workload Migration Details
Migration Patterns Used
Migration Tools Used
Third-Party Tools Used
About NorthBay – We are a fast-growing, 100% AWS focused onshore/offshore AWS Premier Consulting Partner, supporting our customers to accelerate the reinvention of their applications and data for a Cloud-native world. Our >350 AWS Certified Employees excel in developing and deploying Database & Application Migrations, Data Lakes and Analytics, Machine Learning/AI, DevOps and Application and Data Modernization/Development that drive measurable business impact.